Furniture and other donations – service has re-opened
We accept donations of furniture you no longer need. If you can bring items to the Scheme, please contact us in advance to ensure that we are in position to accept it.
We request furniture that is in good condition and we welcome smaller items such as mirrors, lamps, rugs and bric-a-brac too. Soft furnishings such as sofas and armchairs need a manufacturer’s fire safety resistance label. Our customers appreciate furnishings that are not permanently stained, torn or damaged. However, we can accept furniture that may need minor repairs after assessment.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept, white goods, mattresses and divans beds.
We collect from all postcodes within the London Borough of Richmond and this service is offered free of charge. The easiest way to arrange a collection is to email our office (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a brief description of the items you would like to donate preferably with pictures. This enables us to do a first assessment of the suitability of the items. We will then contact you to possibly arrange a collection.
If you have any queries, please contact us on 0208 755 4665.
We have limited storage space and must therefore be selective with the furniture we collect. Our van drivers are briefed as to the standard of furniture we can accept. If they evaluate that the furniture is not suitable for our needs, they have the authority to leave it behind. We apologise for this in advance, but as a small charity, we are unable to take items that we cannot sell. Thank you for your understanding.
Should you be able to deliver the furniture yourself, please contact us to arrange a delivery time, to ensure someone is available to receive the furniture.
Terms and conditions for deliveries and collections – Covid-19
1. Richmond Furniture Scheme CANNOT DELIVER to an individual, or any household where a member has Covid-19 symptoms and or who is isolating due to Covid-19.
2. If a donor or customer is clinically extremely vulnerable, then the Scheme must receive appropriate medical certification authorising our teams to enter the premises.
3. If a donor or customer is assessed to be clinically vulnerable, then we ask that all measures recommended by the UK Government are followed and, if in any doubt, to seek medical advice and provide confirmation of this information to the Scheme before we proceed.
4. When delivering and/or collecting:
a. 2m SOCIAL DISTANCING must be observed at all times;
b. Premises must be WELL VENTILATED with doors and windows open;
5. Items for collection must be clean and in good condition
The Scheme reserves the right to refuse item donations or to fulfil deliveries to premises, if the rules above are not followed.
Richmond Furniture Scheme will follow government guidelines regarding the use of PPE and maintaining hygiene.