We collect furniture free of charge! As we have limited storage space we must therefore be selective with the furniture we collect. Our van drivers are briefed as to the standard of furniture we can accept. If they evaluate that the furniture is not suitable for our needs, they have the authority to leave it behind. We apologise for this in advance, but as a small charity, we are unable to take items that we cannot sell. Thank you for your understanding.
The easiest way to arrange a collection is to email our office (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a brief description of the items you would like to donate preferably with pictures. This enables us to do a first assessment of the suitability of the items. We will then contact you to possibly arrange a collection.
Terms and conditions for deliveries and collections – Covid-19
1. Richmond Furniture Scheme CANNOT DELIVER to an individual, or any household where a member has Covid-19 symptoms and or who is isolating due to Covid-19.
2. If a donor or customer is clinically extremely vulnerable, then the Scheme must receive appropriate medical certification authorising our teams to enter the premises.
3. If a donor or customer is assessed to be clinically vulnerable, then we ask that all measures recommended by the UK Government are followed and, if in any doubt, to seek medical advice and provide confirmation of this information to the Scheme before we proceed.
4. When delivering and/or collecting
a. 2m SOCIAL DISTANCING must be observed at all times
b. Premises must be WELL VENTILATED with doors and windows open.
5. Items for collection must be clean and in good condition.
The Scheme reserves the right to refuse item donations or to fulfil deliveries to premises, if the rules above are not followed.
Richmond Furniture Scheme will follow government guidelines regarding the use of PPE and maintaining hygiene.
If you have any queries, please contact us on 0208 755 4665.